Sunday, September 13, 2015

Perfect autumn day

I'm just having a perfect day, in countryside. It  is magnificent day, sunny but mild, calm, beautiful golden light with that almost eternal bright quality Even got a bees and wasp buzzing around.

My few days of vacation is coming to end soon, I'm thinking about next things to do.
It will be busy time, looks like some business trips to be mixed in I don't know how it will be mixed with lectures and preparations. For my forensic lectures I decided to put stress on Linux and scripting in python,  with stress on theory introduced in books by Farmner and Venena also in Carrier book. I found that this computing theory thing is missing from my students. It is missing  also traditional digital forensics literature is not stressing it enough, there is not enough computers sconce making it look like pure heuristics.


I was too much thinking on digital forensics based on how law enforcement and legal see it, but not on how engineer and scientist have to see it. This was mistake but easy to correct.


For Linux there is plenty of material collected for last Linux forensics training I've done so a homework will be to put all that into one wrap suitable for students. Platform will be SANS workstation in virtual environment.

Also I think I'll add some additional graduation thesis tasks, especially in doing some CFE engine forensic modifications. If we manage target will be to design CFE agent with forensically sound rules and configurations for smartphones mainly for android.

No comments:

Post a Comment